GIFTS OF LIGHT
Send a wonderful message of hope
and healing during the holiday season.
Find out how you can give a meaningful gift to those spending time at the hospital during the holiday season.
2021 GIFTS OF LIGHT CAMPAIGN
The season has arrived where you can give Gifts of Light to those who are spending time in the hospital over the holidays, and for those visiting them. Having the hospital grounds lit up with thousands of colorful lights sends a wonderful message of hope and healing during the holiday season. You can be that “hope” for someone this year. We ask that you thoughtfully consider being part of the 2021 Gifts of Light event.
Sponsor a tree in memory of a loved one, or sponsor in the name of your children, your grandchildren or your family’s name. This year we’re recognizing every healthcare worker in our region. From kitchen staff to cleaning personnel, doctors and nurses to admin — they have all cared for our community through a very difficult time. Consider sponsoring a tree in honour of someone you know who works in healthcare, or sponsor a tree with a message of hope for ALL healthcare workers.
As a sponsor you will receive the following:
- Your name (or your loved one’s name) placed on a sign beside your tree. Larger sponsors will receive larger signs.
- Your name included on the list of Gifts of Light Sponsors on the Foundation’s website
- A charitable donation receipt issued for the entire amount of your contribution to The Bethesda Foundation.
Pearl, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond receive additional recognition:
- Your sponsorship acknowledged in The Carillon
Due to COVID-19 and the risks associated with mass gatherings, we will not be hosting a community tree lighting event this year. But as always, the hospital grounds will be lit up for the month of December!
Tree(s) can be reserved by contacting:
Laurie Unrau at or 204.326.1054.
Diamond sponsor opportunities ($2500):
- The Trinity Tree – the largest tree on the grounds
- The Garden Gazebo located at the high traffic corner of Reimer Ave and Hanover St.
- The Pergolas located in the Healing Garden (Three sponsors)
- 14 ft. tree in the ground level front entrance of Bethesda Regional Health Centre
- 14 ft. tree in the main floor reception area of Bethesda Regional Health Centre
- 14 ft. tree in the Emergency Department of Bethesda Regional Health Centre
- 14 ft. tree in the multi-purpose room at Bethesda Place
Emerald sponsor opportunities ($1500):
- 20-25 ft. in-ground trees are lit on the grounds with thousands of new beautiful coloured lights (Multiple sponsors)
Sapphire sponsor opportunities ($1000):
- Pergolas located in the Healing Garden (Three sponsors)
- 12-14 ft. trees are lit on the grounds in beautiful coloured lights (Multiple sponsors)
Pearl sponsor opportunities ($500):
- 6-8 ft. trees are lit on the grounds in beautiful coloured lights (Multiple sponsors)
Ruby sponsor opportunities ($120): SOLD OUT FOR 2021!!
- Little red trees hung along Main St. and Hwy 12
USE OF FUNDS
For many years, generous people and businesses like you have donated to the Bethesda Foundation to improve health care facilities in our community. Funds raised have gone towards large capital projects such as the CancerCare Centre, the Crisis Stabilization Unit, and the Primary Care Centre, as well as to purchasing specialized equipment for the Bethesda Regional Health Centre. The refurbishing of the Healing Garden at the hospital has provided a place where natural beauty can inspire restfulness and healing for all who pass through. And most recently, the RestHaven Nursing Home expansion.
We reach out to you today ask for your generosity during the holiday season to light up the Bethesda Hospital grounds with our Gifts of Light campaign. Your donation will contribute to future projects that will continue to improve healthcare in our region. Without substantial community contributions, these improvements would not come to fruition.See Our Projects
Your donation will contribute to future projects that will continue to improve healthcare in our region.
We will make every effort to fulfill specific placement requests on a first come first serve basis.
Register your Little Red Tree by using our online system.
$120 PER LITTLE RED TREE.
Register your tree(s) online
BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE MESSAGE YOU WANT DISPLAYED BELOW YOUR TREE IN THE OPTIONAL "MESSAGE FOR THE BETHESDA FOUNDATION INCORPORATED" FIELD.
If you would prefer to donate in person, or reserve another sponsorship level, you can download the sponsorship form and bring it to our office. For any questions, please contact: Laurie Unrau at or 204.326.1054.Download Sponsorship Form