Be the difference!
Have you visited family or friends in the hospital? Have you or someone you know needed chemo treatments, and were able to access those treatments right here at home?
All of us need healthcare services at some point in our lives.
Join us as we continue to enhance and improve healthcare services in the Steinbach area.
100% of your contribution stays local.
Be the difference! Join our many generous donors who are enhancing healthcare services in our community every day.
Contact us at 1.204.326.1054.
Please consider Bethesda Foundation in your charitable giving. Help us enhance health services and infrastructure in our community. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Please use our secure online donation system. If you prefer to donate by phone, call 1.204.326.1054. Please have your credit card information ready.
Leave a Legacy
In addition to gifts of money there are a variety of ways in which you can support the Foundation including the following:
- A gift in memory of a loved one. This can be in lieu of flowers at a memorial service or otherwise.
- A gift designated to the Bethesda Foundation in your will. Some individuals designate a percentage of their assets to be given to a designated charity; others will name the charity as one of several individuals or organizations to receive equal shares of the estate.
- A gift in kind, such as a property.
- A gift of life insurance proceeds. A life insurance policy may be purchased designating a charitable organization such as the Foundation as a beneficiary. The proceeds of the policy will be paid to the charitable organization upon on the death of the policyholder.
- A gift of stock, bonds or other securities. An RRSP / RIF may be taxable income to your estate. Why not consider an offsetting charitable donation.
- Discover the tax benefit of donating publicly traded securities to Bethesda Foundation. You pay no capital gains, while receiving a donation receipt for the fair market value of the securities.
Benefits of donating appreciated securities to charity:
|sell securities and donate cash||donate securities|
|original cost of securities||$20,000||$20,000|
|current market value of securities||$100,000||$100,000|
|tax on capital gain
(assumes 46% marginal tax rate on 50% of capital gain)
|donation amount to charity||$100,000||$100,000|
|charitable tax credit
|net after tax cost of $100,000 donation||$72,400||$54,000|
If you have any questions, or would like assistance, please contact us at 1.204.326.1054.
"Some of the best times I had with the Foundation were serving sausage burgers to the kids at the SRSS, who were part of the Dragon Boat races, and hosting appreciation luncheons and barbecues for the hospital staff."
Honorary Chair of the Bethesda Foundation"